Tuesday 25 February 2014

Belle broderie de style Français!

Hi everyone, thought I was overdue a good blog, so here we are ! I have been enthralled by some of the french embroidery I have encountered ! Such blogs as.......http://www.facilececile.com/ and http://sophiebrode.canalblog.com/.....excellent embroidery blogs with magical 'eye candy' ! Many techniques and wonderful colour combinations have given me so much inspiration....so I have decided to do my own versions of 'french style' embroidery.....Take a look...........






I am so happy with this example and plan to do more....hope you like the eye candy !
I also have been doing my 'Chelsea pillow' WIP......Here is a little glimpse........




Last but not least....A very happy grandma with my favourite person in all the world
my grandaughter Ella-mae, whom I named this blog after.......Love you Ella xxxxxx
I shall post again soon with my progress, have a happy week folks ! ! !






10 comments:

  1. I am also a huge fan of those blogs, and you have done a beautiful job interpreting their style of embroidery…..delicious eye candy!! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am inspired by the French blogs, especially Cecile's and Sophie's - a wonderful interpretation Chris! Are you using wool in the Chelsea project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Chris, you certainly know how to wield a needle. !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Chris, I have had problems and had to change my e-mail address so I only accidentally came across the fact that you had blogged.
    How beautiful, your stitching is out of this world, really it is, so pretty, colourful and perfect. Just now waiting to see the next stage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a delight to look at the work you show on your blog. True eye candy, and your granddaughter is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous eye candy indeed! All your stitching is beautifully done and so lovely and colourful!! Very cute granddaughter and a happy picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sensational and your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was brought here by a beautiful dragonfly on Pinterest. Love your beautiful embroidery! My grandmothers name was Ella Mae :)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete