Saturday 25 August 2012

Tast 2012 week 34, linked double chain !

Hello everyone, I apologise for being late this week, but I took a few days break and went to Brighton to see my son ! Had a great time with lovely weather....So now I am back home feeling refreshed and full of
life !! Linked double chain is the stitch this week.....oh boy, I have to say that this is one stitch that I did not
like very much !!! I found it a bit of a chore and struggled to create something beautiful.....in saying that,
I think what I achieved was reasonable considering !!! I watercoloured my background fabric, used beads and pearls.......most of the threads are hand dyed from my local sewing store....she hand dyes them herself
and they are lovely.....Hope you like my mandala this week and please enjoy the rest of your week end...




Thank you to all who visit my creative corner....I appreciate your time !!!!!!        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Just love how you create your wonderful backgrounds on your Mandala's Chris and this one is no exception. A really pretty stich and love you use of beads, sequins and jewels in the centre of your work a truely beautiful work of art...

    Hugs
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chris, you are inexhaustible source of inspiration!...
    very beautiful !
    hugs, Masha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another masterpiece, well done. Glad you had a lovely trip to Brighton. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a constant source of inspiration Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your designs are an inspiration! Each week, I look forward to reading your posts and see what you've created. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, your work is such a joy to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful creation Chris, just love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made another lovely Mandala. Beautiful colours and the centre piece is so pretty. Did you use a piece of machine embroidered fabric and embellish it - the stars on the border are so tiny?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZA! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love your hand embroidery I need to get back to doing some of my hand embroidered stuff. You are truly inspiring me to pick up the needles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, strike me down! WOW! This is gorgeous! Whew!
    xoxo- Julie

    ReplyDelete