Friday 17 February 2012

TAST 2012 DETACHED CHAIN WEEK 7

Hello all, the weeks are flying by, no sooner have I finished one mandala...then I'm finishing the next one and so on ! This mandala was very fun to do, I so love this stitch which is AKA LAZY DAISY.......so versatile !
I stay so focused doing this TAST  challenge....what am I going to do when its finished.....sigh......One thing i would like to mention is the fact that the anchored stitches in the centrepiece are a different colour ? How did I do it..........You'll have to ask me in a comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Not quite so many beads used on this one as I did not want to detract from the beauty of the stitches, I really wanted to showcase the stitch !! I truely am very grateful for any comments left on my work and would like to thank Romilly from http://stitchingwithashimmy.com/ for featuring me on her ' Mondays Treasures spot' !!!




 I do hope you like my latest mandala......Have a very happy, creative and peaceful week end xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

26 comments:

  1. wow... this is very beautiful! especially I love how you use detached chains "around" feathers. so nice!
    hugs from Russia,
    Masha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Chris just when you think it cant get any better you pull another one out of the hat...the colours are just stunning everything stitch is just perfect and in line....Chris you are so clever and I love this detached chain stitch, another stitch I am never heard of before...and just HOW did you get those different colours in the centre.....absolutely FAB-U-LOUS....

    Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is unbelievable how pretty this is - I am amazed every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is, by far,my favorite so far; so, please do tell,how did you change the color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arlene,In answer to your question.......I sew the little anchor stitches first, in one colour, then in another colour I
      catch the anchor stich to make the loop !
      hugs
      chris
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Another stunning Mandala! I agree with others, the colours and the intriguing change of thread in the centre lifts this beauty even further.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, what a collection you are going to have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful Chris, I really enjoy looking at your work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well here you go again, you are going to be worn out by the end of the year, I recon you will need a rest. This is just stunning, so clever, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it's wonderful J'adore les mandalas et celui ci est très réussit ! Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very peaceful piece! I love mandalas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful. You take the cake with your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely. I like your colours and mandala

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it, it is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very imaginative design using this stitch! The colors are soft and harmonious and really do produce a very peaceful feeling. Thank you for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! SO very beautiful. Every one gets better...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chris your work is just beautiful, i'm glad you commented on my blog otherwise i'd not have had the link through to yours to visit.

    Regards
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely breathtaking! Because that's what I did when I saw this beautiful piece of art:-) You're making me want to do this now. I tried a mandala in crochet and it must have been too bulky a yarn. Didn't do so well with it. I've been working on felt dolls and got back into embroidery after a longggg hiatus, the 70's, when I was doing mushrooms (embroidered ones that is!). hehe:-)

    ReplyDelete